www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

www.TALKCENTO.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FREE forum site for Cento owners!

2 posters

Engine Swap 1.2 16v

ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Engine Swap 1.2 16v Empty Engine Swap 1.2 16v

Post  ShadowSei Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Suspect 1.2 16V Sei Project Suspect

Introduction

researching for ages and i have always been tempted by an engine conversion.

I had lots of decisions to make about which one to go for, 1.1L highly modified, 1.2 8V, 1.2 16V or 1.4L 16V, and finally came to settle on the 1.2 16V engine as availability of the 1.4L is very rare! I couldn't source one after weeks of trying.

I saved starting this thread until I actually decided to give it a genuine go, as there so often seems people planning stuff and asking questions that never materialize.

The project will probably take months to complete, and be updated as I go along, detailing how its going, problems I encounter and defiantly using it as a place to ask questions and vent my frustrations.

The Parts needed:

1. Fiat Punto Sporting MK2 1.2 16V engine (mileage unknown at present, but apparently it will be from and 03/04, low mileage and a known good engine )

2. Fiat Punto Sporting MK1 Inlet manifold and Throttle Body

3. Fiat Seicento Engine Hose

4. Larger clutch (obviously cause its a 1.2 engine)

All of this will come to the sum of £350 which seems a good price for what I'm getting. It'll be ready for collection Saturday morning, and I was told if there's anything else I need just bring along my tools.

I'll update with pics once I receive it, and make sure I take plenty as I go along.

The Plan

I aim to swap the current engine for the 1.2, using the current mounts and current gearbox form the Sei

I will be getting a SS exhaust manifold (hopefully second hand), and a custom exhaust made up as the Sei bore will be too restrictive i think. I will also have to get a CAT from somewhere to keep the lambda's happy.

I'm going to enquire about getting a re-bore as well, but I think this may be too much money.

I will be trying to retain the existing ECU, locks and loom, and get the engine remapped after everything else is done. I am hoping it will run before I have the ECU done. At a future date I will get a standalone ECU system unless I am forced too straight away.

The time scale for all of this work is a few months. Most will be preparatory though, and I plan to do the entire bulk of the work over 1 or 2 weekends to minimize downtime. (or NOT) tongue

Well that's it for now..expect updates soon
    scratch
    ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Engine Swap 1.2 16v Empty Engine Swap 1.2 16v

Post  ShadowSei Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Well so much for that idea,Evil or Very Mad i got a far as manifold and all ready the costs would be through the roof.
    £3500 and there would have been more parts to get hold of never mind the labor costs!
    So unfortunately this swap will never take place on my little purse strings, maybe to someone who actually gets paid a decent wage and deep pockets it will good for you.

What I'm going to concentrate on now is to actually go ahead with a 1.1 turbo, i see a lot more vids on youtube of it being done so it can't be that hard to do... surely? scratch scratch scratch

Here are some pics of finished 1.1 turbo Seicento's.

Engine Swap 1.2 16v Turbo110
    Engine Swap 1.2 16v Turbo111
    Engine Swap 1.2 16v Turbo112

So is it really going to be that hard to do?? its got to be a lot cheaper than the 1.2 16v project. Right?
    bass-sei
    bass-sei

Engine Swap 1.2 16v Empty Re: Engine Swap 1.2 16v

Post  bass-sei Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 pm

hi, the turbo con will cost more i think, i might be doing 1.2 16v soon just the wiring i need to find out :S

cheers

Sponsored content

Engine Swap 1.2 16v Empty Re: Engine Swap 1.2 16v

Post  Sponsored content