www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

www.TALKCENTO.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FREE forum site for Cento owners!

3 posters

Check this out kinda strange

sei_cento
    sei_cento

Check this out kinda strange  Empty Check this out kinda strange

Post  sei_cento Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Dear Josh

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

We can certainly build a Stainless Steel Exhaust for your Fiat Seicento

All our systems are tailor-made using stainless steel (T304) and come with a no hassle, fully transferable LIFETIME GUARANTEE so it is literally fit and forget.

Our free-flow systems are designed for efficiency, which can give increased power and improved MPG. Usually the most noticeable improvement is in low down torque giving better acceleration. 

Every system comes with a choice of our standard tailpipes, and we have an extensive range of tailpipe upgrade options, so you can choose the finish that's exactly right for you and your car! And because our systems are custom built, you are able to tell us how you would like the car to sound, anywhere from quiet to full sport. The most popular choice is Mild Sport, which gives a slight note when you accelerate, but without being intrusive.

To design and build a Longlife Stainless Exhaust system from the cat through to the rear of your vehicle would cost from £399.00 (including fitting and VAT). 

Hand-building and fitting your custom made system takes approximately 4 hours by appointment at our Local centre in Norwich.

We also offer a wide range of other products and services such as Servicing, Wheels, Tyres, Wheel Alignment and Suspension setup.  We also have a 2 Wheel Drive rolling road to be able to give accurate performance figures for your vehicle.

When you arrive and before work commences, we will agree and confirm the final details of the system design and cost. After work is completed, every exhaust undergoes a thorough twelve point quality check, to ensure complete reliability and performance.
    Please call me on 01603 789909, to book an appointment or discuss your requirements further.

I look forward very much to hearing from you soon.

Regards

SCA Sales Team & Longlife Exhausts

(All prices quoted prior to work are subject to final inspection and condition of the vehicle)

sei_cento
    sei_cento

Check this out kinda strange  Empty Re: Check this out kinda strange

Post  sei_cento Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:46 am

Have I got the right quote from the cat back ?
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:03 am

That is very strange...I have got mine booked in next Friday for a cat-back system costing £240 including VAT and fitting. I'm wondering if you have a higher quote because of the location? Mine is booked in at Northampton. To be honest, I would ring them up, and say that I am getting mine for £240 - so they should get their quote down for you!
    ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Check this out kinda strange  Empty whats so strange?

Post  ShadowSei Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Suspect Seems fine to me, it really depends on who you go to. Everyone has different labor rates, although if you getting a custom built exhaust on the day it would usually take a lot longer than 4 hours.

Stainless steel (T304) are standard exhausts bar from the fact the better grade chromium or whatever, but if you want to get a better exhaust why pay so much if your going from the CAT back then you might aswel go to Ebay get a brand new Sportex, Supersprint or even a Cybox. Your looking at around the £140-50 for the exhaust then all you need to do is fit it yourself. No big deal about that, then you have nothing the freak out over. All your going to need is a jack and two axle stands.

If you want a full custom stainless exhaust from the cat back then make sure it is a full custom exhaust, get proof of the parts used. (stay with the car for the first stage of the build)

Couple of links for you to check out, if you don't fancy like being ripped.
    Sportex Exhaust

Cybox Exhaust

SuperSprint Exhaust

And if you really fancy go all out and buy an exhaust there is this Janspeed version which is way too expensive but looks nice.
    Janspeed Exhaust
    sei_cento
    sei_cento

Post  sei_cento Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:53 am

Thank for the help I do like the janspeed one it look so much more nicer I'm going to have a think about which one I want I'll get back to you

Cheers again

Josh Smile
    sei_cento
    sei_cento

Post  sei_cento Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:06 am

What is the best exhaust out of the supersprint, sportex and the cybox?
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:50 am

Ergh...they're so common! Everyone has them! Be unique and get a custom!
    ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Check this out kinda strange  Empty Custom?

Post  ShadowSei Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:08 am

why would you go custom when you could get one ten times cheaper and have all the fun of doing it yourself, saving yourself a ton of cash.
    Yes they are common but they do the same thing as the custom exhaust.

M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:22 am

ShadowSei wrote:why would you go custom when you could get one ten times cheaper and have all the fun of doing it yourself, saving yourself a ton of cash.
    Yes they are common but they do the same thing as the custom exhaust.

BAHHHHHHHHH boring Razz haha

All i'm saying is, if Josh has the money (which I'm sure he does) why not pay extra and get it to sound how you want? I dunno, at the end of the day, it's down to you Josh...it's your car. We can only say our opinion.
    ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Post  ShadowSei Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:27 am

yeah i don't dispute that, but if you want sound over performance then get a custom exhaust.
    sei_cento
    sei_cento

Post  sei_cento Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:10 pm

ShadowSei wrote:yeah i don't dispute that, but if you want sound over performance then get a custom exhaust.

I want a exhaust with a nice sound and some performance but would a custom one offer this ?

Ps ant how are the rear lights getting on?

Thanks for your help

M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Ant, I know I called you, and was thinking about getting a Sportex exhaust (I know, hypocrite...after bitching about them) because they were so much cheaper...(which would also mean I could afford lowering springs). BUT....I have been reading about the Sportex...and as they are just painted steel, they rust easily, and within 5 years they rust and fall apart. And the stainless steel alternatives are not that much cheaper than Long Life (where I was originally getting one from). I'm therefore going to go with the custom one..just because they come with a Life Time Guarantee, so if anything goes wrong, they'll sort it. The way I look at it, I am paying the same price as I would for the Janspeed one, but a little extra for the fitting Wink Plus, I don't have to worry about anything. Thanks a lot for the offer of helping me fit it though Smile Its a shame..I was looking forward to making a guide.

And Josh, yes, of course the custom exhaust would add extra horse power, a louder grunt, and apparently better fuel economy.
    ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Post  ShadowSei Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:09 pm

M1C4A3L wrote:Josh, yes, of course the custom exhaust would add extra horse power, a louder grunt, and apparently better fuel economy.

extra horse power, bollocks. There is nothing in it 1hp tops! pointless! mike i will fit your exhaust no probs will give you a call on the friday or you call me. as you can see on this pic there is only two bolts from the cat back instead of the three that i thought. still no probs even easier now. lol!

Check this out kinda strange  0244310
    sei_cento
    sei_cento

Check this out kinda strange  Empty really stuck

Post  sei_cento Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 pm

thanks mike ant! if you was me what would you get i still want money for my springs tho if i get one to fit i can write a walk tho guide Very Happy

sei_cento
    sei_cento

Check this out kinda strange  Empty really stuck

Post  sei_cento Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:23 pm

thanks mike ant! if you was me what would you get i still want money for my springs tho if i get one to fit i can write a walk tho guide Very Happy

M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks Ant, but don't worry, I'm going with Long Life exhaust...I don't like the thought of the cheap painted steel exhaust pipe rusting (Sportex). Plus, even if I ordered it now, it wouldn't arrive within 7 days! I want it now Razz And I really want a nice stainless steel one.

And, i've been reading and a cat-back exhaust can add up to 15HP, and 30HP with a chip. We'll have a 0-60 race when I get it Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:40 am