www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

www.TALKCENTO.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FREE forum site for Cento owners!

3 posters

Heater Problem

sarahlou75

Heater Problem Empty Heater Problem

Post  sarahlou75 Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi, just wondered if anyone could help me. The heater on my Sei seems to have no problem blowing hot air out of the windscreen vents but the one pointing towards to floor seems to blow cold at the same time so at the moment I have the heater switch set to the windscreen whilst my feet and legs are freezing. Can anyone offer me some advice as to a possible cause or a solution? Thanks Sarah
    ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Heater Problem Empty Re: Heater Problem

Post  ShadowSei Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 pm

That's a weird one, not heard of that one before.

1 - So im going back to basics with you are you sure that the matrix heater dial is all the way over to the right not just one click over from the right?

2 - What im thinking is that you need to try the fuse's.. The fuse box under the steering wheel. (check your fiat manual for the correct fuse)

3 - Have you fitted an aftermarket head-unit? if so take it out and check that none of the cables are shorting out on the cage.

4 - Get a large rod, break down a wire coat hanger if you have one (women usually have loads tongue) and make sure nothing is blocking the holes in the vents beneath the windscreen.

5 - One more thing i can think of failing all of the above is to remove the center heater control section in your dash. This is done by a 4-5mm allen/hex key i can't really remember but there are two in each bottom corner. Then pull the middle control off (labeled with a ★ in the below picture)

Then grab a small flat bladed screw driver and pull the console out (it will only come out so far as there will be a thick black cable attached to the back of it. This is what you to make sure is connected, this is what control's the directional movement of your heat from your matrix. (It should be a very stiff black wire, banded metal inside)

Heater Problem Heater10

6 - I hope this helps Sarah, if your not successful i suggest it may be more than what i have said or wrekon it to be. The only other thing is to take it to a garage have them run it through a diagnostics on a computer. (this should be free unless you want the work to be carried out)

If i get time tomorrow i will take mine apart and give a full detailed image and description of what to do, sorry can't be more help but never had this issue before nor heard of it?

scratch study Mad
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 pm

I've been searching for the answer for an hour! The only conclusion I can find is that there may be a blockage between the vent and heater matrix? Or perhaps the vacuum hose has come off. If you have a haynes manual, it will be alot easier to check. Another site said that perhaps the coolant is low? ...but I would assume that you wouldn't get any hot air if this was the case. I will not stop looking until I find the answer!!

...not the answer you were looking for, but I'm trying...

Mike
    TalkCento admin
    sarahlou75

Post  sarahlou75 Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Thanks for the replies guys and the help. I do agree though it is very strange. The garage noticed as well when they did my head gasket and checked the car over and noticed it to. I have checked all the levels and the coolant one does not move. The car does eventually warm up enough to blow some warm air out of the bottom vent but i have to have been driving for over an hour LOL. I will attempt to have a look with my very limited knowledge but thanks for the pics. Thanks again for the replies its really nice to have friendly replies on a forum Smile
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 pm

sarahlou75 wrote:Thanks for the replies guys and the help. I do agree though it is very strange. The garage noticed as well when they did my head gasket and checked the car over and noticed it to. I have checked all the levels and the coolant one does not move. The car does eventually warm up enough to blow some warm air out of the bottom vent but i have to have been driving for over an hour LOL. I will attempt to have a look with my very limited knowledge but thanks for the pics. Thanks again for the replies its really nice to have friendly replies on a forum Smile

You're very welcome - that's what the forum is for Smile

Very strange that it does eventually work...that rules out the air flow problem (hoses not connected) scratch
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:01 am

Hi Sarah,

Did you manage to solve this problem??

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 pm