www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

www.TALKCENTO.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FREE forum site for Cento owners!

2 posters

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest

ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest Empty Custom Rear Trim/Armrest

Post  ShadowSei Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:13 pm

SPEAKERS IN THE REAR TRIM

To get started on this one its very simple but kind of daunting.

1. You have to pry the trim off the panel with a trim clip remover tool
    (Or in my case a screwdriver cause i don't have my tools with me when im at home)

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0604110
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0604112

2. Lift the trim out without breaking any of the clips, but if you do don't worry cause you can buy them on ebay for pittance.

3. Clean the trim all over with a plastic degreaser. (Mainly cause the plastic gets covered in dust and oils from you and the surroundings)

4. Line up where you want to place your speakers and components or whatever you want into place just to get a rough idea on what your doing. Of course i will be flushing the trim so all the speakers and what i plan to do with them sit sweet as a nut.(I have decided just to stick with a 8" woofer and some slick tweet's with the crossover on the front).

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0604114
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0604115
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0604113

So the work begins. Surprised

1. I started by drilling holes into the trim to aid adhesion to the plastic.

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0704110
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0704111

2. D/A'd the whole surface to also aid the adhesion over the plastic surface.

3. Removing all rough barbs from the plastic can be got off with either a blow gun (which i used, or even a rag covered in a plastic cleaner).

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0704112
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0704113

4. Filled up the hole in the trim to secure the area that i want to cover (Got this expanding foam from B&Q think it was like £10?)

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0704114
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0704115

5. Got these spacer rings done for me from the guys next door who fabricate plastics and wood work. These are done with a 9mm thick solid perspex. (So its not like the MDF, screw into it and watch it split more than likely).

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0804110
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P0804111

6. After cutting out what i wanted from the expanding foam i could create a plastic enclosure making it suitable to fibreglass and make sure there will be no rattling.

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P1104110

7. As you can see from top and bottom images i have got hold off some old unused plastic (wheel arch liner) I just cut this to shape and plastic welded it together. The reason im doing it this way is because i want to keep the weight down, You start to add a lot more when it comes to fiberglass.

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P1104111
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P1104112
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P1104113

8. Some more plastic welding on the back of the trim to hold the foam into place (Unfortunately couldn't be bothered to weld everything up as i still got to shape the front with the fibreglass).

9. Basicly from the picy below you can see something of what im going for. There is a lot more to do on it though and unfortunately there is still one more left to do. LONG! Rolling Eyes

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P1104114
    Custom Rear Trim/Armrest P1104115

Once i got some more time off work i will go through the process that id prefer to take into more detail with obviously more photo's. Razz

More Pictures to come shortly of finished product, one side done another one to go. YAY!
    scratch

Bump

Last edited by ShadowSei on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest Empty looking good!

Post  M1C4A3L Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32 am

This is going to be so good! I didn't realise that it was such a big job! I think I'll stick to putting 6x9's in the parcel shelf LOL
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Custom Rear Trim/Armrest Empty Re: Custom Rear Trim/Armrest

Post  M1C4A3L Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 pm

you need to upload the finished product Very Happy It looks so good, and is a shame it's not on here!
    ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Post  ShadowSei Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:26 pm

M1C4A3L wrote:you need to upload the finished product Very Happy It looks so good, and is a shame it's not on here!

i will mike but my camera on my phone is playing up at the mo, its not very good quality. will upload them soon
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Would you like me to being my camera with me tomorrow?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:06 am