www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

www.TALKCENTO.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FREE forum site for Cento owners!

2 posters

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?!

M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Empty Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?!

Post  M1C4A3L Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi All,

Me and ShadowSei have been busy again, this time turning a funny idea, into something actually quite good!

I had a 6 meter rope light which we got after the Xmas sales for £11...and I said to Ant, "wouldn't it be cool to have this on my car somewhere?"...obviously we couldn't as it is for the home, and not for a 12v battery. I've always fancied having lights in my car, but don't really want to spend too much money doing it!

This is what I had:

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1031c

So, Ant texts me one day, and says "I've bought you something..". Turns out that he had bought me an inverter which converts normal household plugs into 12v:

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1032s
    Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1033u

So, I think you get the idea - household plug goes into inverter, which then goes into the cigarette lighter. This means I can use this lighting, along with any other household gadgets, in my car Smile

Here's some pics of what we did:

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1035ih

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1036q

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1046ry

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1048c

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1042u

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1045z

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1037gd

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1038l

(Image below - the sill cover sits more flush now Ant has drilled it down)

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1043g

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1054ex

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1059oy

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1055x

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Img1056a

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! 223359_10150554009500394_611060393_18210024_4463781_n

Looking towards the back of the car from the front seats:

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! 223192_10150554010025394_611060393_18210037_6173914_n

Next, I need to change the dash to blue Smile

Again Ant, thank you so much for the help with this! Couldn't have done it without you!

Mike
    TalkCento Admin

Last edited by M1C4A3L on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Empty Re: Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?!

Post  M1C4A3L Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:14 am

bump
    ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Empty christmas lights

Post  ShadowSei Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Loving what we did here mike. in the ideas that came out like the bit around the parcel shelf cracked me up but you know what they actually worked. LOL

I really like what we accomplished here when we did this i would probably re-create this when i come to doing mine. Plus its always nice to have household objects being able to run in the background. (Laptop being a bonus! i could do quick uploads onto the forum when i want to, and Karen can use her hair straightener's and whatever).

sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Sponsored content

Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?! Empty Re: Interior Light Mod - with Christmas lights?!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 pm