www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.TALKCENTO.com

Welcome to TalkCento: The New, FREE forum site for Fiat Cinquecento and Seicento owners!

Please register for FREE to join our community, and start discussing mechanics, and modifications for your car!

Also, join our Facebook page (simply search for TalkCento), and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TalkCento).

We hope you enjoy your stay!

www.TALKCENTO.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FREE forum site for Cento owners!

2 posters

Colour coding interior trim.

ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Colour coding interior trim. Empty Colour coding interior trim.

Post  ShadowSei Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 pm

I will go step by step with how i completed this task of colour coding the interior parts.
    Items needed to prep the bits:
    - PURPLE OR GOLD SCOTCH PAD (VERY/SUPER FINE)
    - PANEL WIPE (PANEL DEGREASER)
    - PLASTIC PRIMER
    - COMPRESSOR AND SPRAY GUN (IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY AN AEROSOL WOULD WORK... MAYBE?)
    Other item's you may want to get hold of:
    - 1500 w/d - 2000 w/d - Fine abrasive polish - High Definition Wax

STEP BY STEP GUIDE

- Start by scotching the plastic trim down all over and make sure to cover everywhere you want the paint to stick.
    - Tape them down so they do not move when spraying them.
    - Panel wipe them all over making sure there is no dirt on all the bits. (There are two types of dirt water-based and oil-based but panel wipe will only remove the oil-based dirt, so if you wish you can wash them in warm water before this step. NO SOAP!)
    - Plastic prime all over only dusting it on you only need it to go tacky not to drown it in the primer.
    - Wait 10mins before paint
    - Paint it with your base coat (1 dust coat, followed by 2 full coats)
    - Allow to dry shouldn't be long 5-10mins
    - Time to lacquer them now (1 dust coat, followed by 2-3 full coats)
    - Allow to dry off in the booth oven for 45mins on a temp of 72°C or in case you don't have a booth oven leave it overnight in a warm room (24°c).

Once its dry and cooled off make sure there are no dirt nibs on the painted surfaces, if there is then you might want to get hold of some 1500-2000 silica carbide (Wet&dry sandpaper) Nib out the dirt and rub with some fine abrasive polish to bring back the shine.

Finally finish with a high definition wax to give a Great Shine.

SO TO BREAK IT DOWN - PREP

Colour coding interior trim. P1503110Colour coding interior trim. P1503111Colour coding interior trim. P1503112

SO TO BREAK IT DOWN - BASE

Colour coding interior trim. P1503113Colour coding interior trim. P1503114Colour coding interior trim. P1503115Colour coding interior trim. P1503116Colour coding interior trim. P1503117

SO TO BREAK IT DOWN - CLEAR

Colour coding interior trim. P1503118Colour coding interior trim. P1503119Colour coding interior trim. P1503120Colour coding interior trim. P1503121

FINISHED PRODUCT

Colour coding interior trim. P1503122Colour coding interior trim. P1503123Colour coding interior trim. P1503124Colour coding interior trim. P1503125Colour coding interior trim. P1503126

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Colour coding interior trim. Empty Re: Colour coding interior trim.

Post  M1C4A3L Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Nice guide, and even nicer job! I would love all mine in a lime green/flip black! Paint will be expensive though I assume? (flip)
    ShadowSei
    ShadowSei

Post  ShadowSei Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:09 am

M1C4A3L wrote:Nice guide, and even nicer job! I would love all mine in a lime green/flip black! Paint will be expensive though I assume? (flip)

depends really you will need to find the paint or a company that will mix that variation and then see how much. if i was to do it i would do it gloss black then hit it with a kiwi green candy lacquer but you still wouldn't get the flip effect. maybe a black with green metal flake in it could be an option to you?
    M1C4A3L
    M1C4A3L
    Admin

Post  M1C4A3L Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:53 am

ShadowSei wrote:
    M1C4A3L wrote:Nice guide, and even nicer job! I would love all mine in a lime green/flip black! Paint will be expensive though I assume? (flip)

depends really you will need to find the paint or a company that will mix that variation and then see how much. if i was to do it i would do it gloss black then hit it with a kiwi green candy lacquer but you still wouldn't get the flip effect. maybe a black with green metal flake in it could be an option to you?

that sounds nice....again, expensive? Thinking about it, I think just gloss black would be better...If I had all fibreglass in my car, and made it better looking, then yes I would like to spray it a crazy colour...but as the interior is standard, I would like black I think. Wait until I get paid (31st) and I'll book the parts in with you Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:41 pm